Dear Campus Residents,
In light of the recent emails from the Chancellor’s Office and Dr. Kathy-Cavins Tull regarding the suspension of face-to-face classes, we wanted to provide you more information about your status as a residential student. Please read the information below and contact Housing & Residence Life if you have any questions.
- The status of COVID-19 is changing rapidly and, with the aim of protecting our campus and community, we will deliver coursework online beginning March 23 through at least April 3, and encourage students to remain at home.
- If you need to pick up books, clothing or other essentials to go home and participate in on-line classes, we encourage you to come and get those items and leave campus as soon as possible.
- If you have a need to stay on campus you will need to request permission using this link: https://tcu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6FfaAY9SINoB96l
- Limited amenities and dining will be available; however, residential staff will be on-call 24 hours per day to assist you as needed.
- TCU resident students will receive a credit for housing and dining charges. Details on credits will be determined in the next few weeks.
- Ongoing communication will be sent and posted to university websites as it is made available.
We are working through the complex details of what this means to each individual student and will send more information as we finalize our procedures and processes. If you live on campus and need access to specific items before April 3, please contact Housing and Residence Life at 817-257-7865.
Director of Housing & Residence Life
Wednesday, April 1, 2020 –
Our Pack and Ship program for school supplies is now over. If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, March 27, 2020 –
Horned Frogs residents – If you still need your books and laptops sent to your home, please let us know by March 31. We want you to have the supplies you need to be successful. As always, if you have a special need, let us know.
Thursday, March 26, 2020 –
Our Pack and Ship program for school supplies will end on Friday, March 27 at 5 pm CST. We are happy to have served nearly 500 residents, and we wish all of our residents the best as they continue with their classes this spring.
Tuesday, March 17, 2020 –
Dear TCU Residents,
We appreciate all of you who have come to campus to get items you need for school, and all of you who have had friends or family pick up items for you. We understand that all of this is new and changing rapidly. There is much to be done as we get ready for instruction to resume next week, and our role is to support our students and their education.
We understand that not all students are able to return to campus in order to collect the necessary items to conduct online classes starting March 23. Due to this, Housing & Residence Life will ship needed school supplies (ex: books, laptop, notebooks, etc.) to a determined location at no cost to our students. All items must fit into a USPS large flat rate box, size measurements below. There is a maximum of 2 boxes per resident. In order to utilize this resource, please complete this link. During your selected available timeframe, we may reach out to you in order to make sure we are sending the correct items. Once we are done collecting the items, we will tape and ship to the address provided (US only, we apologize that we are unable to ship to international addresses).
Box measurements: Inside: 12″ x 12″ x 5 1/2″
Thanks for your continued patience and understanding during this extraordinary time. Please do not hesitate to call our office at 817-257-7865 or email email@example.com if you have questions. We are looking forward to starting online classes next week.
Housing & Residence Life
At Tide University Laundry, nothing is more important than ensuring the health and wellness of students. We appreciate you putting your trust in us for your dry cleaning, laundry and other garment care needs.
We are taking steps to follow the latest CDC guidance to help minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus for our staff and students. Following the advice of the campus administration, Tide University Laundry will not be on campus offering laundry service during the extended spring break.
As this is an evolving situation, we are working closely with campus administration to be able to offer laundry service when students are back on campus. As soon as we know the best way to safely deliver service, we’ll communicate it to you directly. With regard to refunds for unused periods of service, we are going to do what’s right. We ask for your patience as the situation develops, and we understand if our laundry service will begin again this school year. When this is determined, we will refund you for the unused time!
If you have any questions about your laundry service concerning COVID-19, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us by SMS, email, or phone. We’re here for you.
Thank you for being a valued customer, and for your understanding.
Life, Not Laundry
-The Tide University Laundry Team
Subject line: Residence hall move-out planned for May 16-29
Dear resident students,
I hope this email finds you well as the semester is coming to a close and we look forward to summer sessions. Registration for summer classes begins this week, and Wednesday, April 22, is room selection day for those of you who are selecting housing for next year. We continue to keep your needs in mind as we plan for next steps.
Many of you still have belongings in your residence hall, apartment or chapter house. Earlier this month we wrote to you that move-out options were being considered, and today I am writing to share the plans.
While the COVID-19 situation continues to change daily, move-out is planned for May 16 – 29. TCU continues to closely follow guidelines from the State of Texas and City of Fort Worth. Moving is deemed an essential activity and with close adherence to social distancing guidelines and careful planning and precautions, we believe we may assist you with the move out process while keeping everyone safe.
If you are unable to travel to campus to gather your belongings, we have arranged moving and storage options for you. It is imperative that we clear our halls to prepare for the fall, but we stand ready to assist if you have a special circumstance.
Please see below for instructions regarding move-out, May 16-29:
- Sign up for a move-out day and time: Beginning Friday, April 24, log in to my.tcu.edu and go to the Housing tab. There you will be able to sign up for a move-out day and time that works for you.
- Help us with safety measures: Please note that we will limit the number of people in the halls each day for your safety and for the well-being of TCU staff who will be on site as you gather your belongings. We ask that you please wear a face mask and gloves during move-out. Thank you in advance for taking these precautions and adhering to social distancing guidelines to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- TCU ID card access: TCU ID card access is currently turned off for security reasons. When you arrive on your selected move-out date and time, TCU staff will be on site in the lobby of each hall and you will have access to your building. Please remember to bring your room key and your student ID.
- Moving and storage options: There are three moving and storage company options for those of you who want or need assistance with gathering and/or storing your belongings. Please go to the TCU Housing website to view more details on the options listed below.
- Full-service packing, storage and shipping: USS will provide packing, storage and shipping options. If you contract with USS, you will not need to be present to use their service. TCU staff will grant access to buildings and rooms to fulfill the service.
- Packing and summer storage: Dorm Room Movers and College Truckers provide packing and summer storage. We are working with these companies to have boxes delivered and waiting for you when you arrive. You must be present to pack boxes; these companies will pick them up from you and take to summer storage.
Please note that these three companies have contracts with the University. Each has all the proper insurance and meets all the necessary guidelines to conduct business on campus. No other companies will be allowed access to TCU residence halls, so please do not contact any other company for moving and storage.
*We know that some people may need an alternate date outside of our designated move-out days. We understand, and we are happy to work with you. Please contact the TCU Housing office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you. If you have other special needs related to your move out date and time, please contact the Housing office and we will do our best to accommodate you. Please include your name, TCU ID# and hall/room information on all communication.
Thank you for your continued patience as we work to best serve our Horned Frog family during this time.