We are so excited to have you join the Horned Frog community.
Remember all housing communication will be sent directly to students’ TCU emails. Please begin to check your email multiple times per week.
Incoming first-year students will complete their housing application via my.tcu.edu.
The Fall 2022-Spring 2023 housing application is open May 1-June 10, 2022.
Check out the links below for more information.
Submit your one-time, non-refundable $500 Enrollment Deposit via my.tcu.edu. TCU has a two-year residential and dining requirement. Housing & Residence Life uses your high school graduation year to determine your classification for housing.
All incoming students must comply with the following vaccination requirements to enroll at TCU:
1. Bacterial Meningitis (MCV4 or MPSV4) administered within the past five years. (Students over the age of 22 are exempt from this requirement.)
2. Two doses of the Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) vaccination or proof of immunity to Measles and Mumps. (Students born before 1957 are exempt from this requirement.)
Both dates and records must be submitted on the TCU Student Health Portal. Students must enter the dates of their vaccinations and upload supporting documents.
The Fall 2022-Spring 2023 housing application is open May 1 at 8:00am CDT to June 10, 2022 at 8:00am CDT.
Log into my.tcu.edu
Click on Student Services
Click on Housing Portal
Select Housing/Dining Application
Complete the following steps:
- Term Selector
- Contact Information
- Housing License
- Housing Survey
- Dining Plan
- About Me Questionnaire
- Laundry Service
- Renter’s Insurance
- Roommate Group
- Submit Application
- Roommate Group
- Housing and Dining Summary
Please click here for a housing application video tutorial.
Please click here to view our residence hall options.
We will send a randomly generated timeslot via TCU email for the room selection process to all students who have completed the housing application. We want YOU to be in control of your housing; therefore, on Saturday, June 25, you will get to pick your room assignment via the online room selection process. If are you are in Honors, please monitor your TCU email for updates from the Honors College about housing in Milton Daniel. We are excited for you to select your housing, begin planning for the fall, and form relationships with your future roommate(s). Most students will select their room on this day; however, some students will be assigned by our staff before or after the room selection process.
Please note that on housing selection day, June 25, some first-year students will log in to select a room and find that spaces are no longer available for selection. These students will automatically be placed on a waitlist for room selection. The following accommodations are already underway to accommodate students on the waitlist:
- Our largest double-occupancy rooms will be converted to triples. These rooms easily accommodate three beds and have done so comfortably in the past.
- Select lounge areas will be converted to bedrooms with double or triple occupancy, depending on size.
- Some first-year students may share a room or suite with returning students. This will not be uncommon, as nearly every residence hall on campus will house some first-year students.
- Some returning students are invited to live off-campus, which will lead to more space for first-year students.
Should you be placed on the waitlist for room selection, Housing & Residence Life will contact you directly.
Please note that a number of students will be impacted by extended housing. Our goal is to alleviate extended housing prior to move-in; however, we will communicate with students during the academic year as more opportunities become available.
Every effort is made to accommodate student preferences; however, placement in a particular community or with a particular roommate is not guaranteed.
Housing & Residence Life uses high school graduation year to determine classification for housing placement.
Incoming first-year students are guaranteed on-campus housing at TCU. Students will receive their room assignments prior to their move-in date in August.
Please confirm move-in dates and times before making travel arrangements. Early arrivals are not permitted. Students must move in on a designated Move-In day.
Parents & Families: We suggest booking return flights for the day after move-in to allow enough time for you to get your student settled. It will be a busy day, and we want you to enjoy the experience rather than be rushed.
Information about specific move-in dates, times and locations can be found on our Move-In page.
Students that live within a 30-mile radius of TCU with a parent or legal guardian are eligible to commute. Please complete the Commuter Exemption Request Form if you are interested in commuting from home.
Suggested Bathroom Items
- Personal Care/Hygiene Products
Suggested Bedroom Items
- ¾” Nails or Pushpins
- Bedding (i.e., Twin XL/Full XL depending on room assignment)
- Single-Cup Coffee Brewers
- TV (non-mounting)
Suggested Cleaning Products
- All-Purpose Cleaners & Cleaning Accessories
- Laundry Soap & Dryer Sheets (if desired)
Items Provided by HRL
- Bed rails (limited quantity available)
- Bed ladder (limited quantity available)
- Printing stations in select halls
- Toilet paper
What NOT to Bring
- 3M Strips
- Candles/Incense (NO Fire)
- Cooking Appliances (i.e., air/deep fryer, crockpot, hot plate, microwave, rice cooker, & toaster)
- Halogen/Lava/Love Lamps
- Pets (except 10-gal or less fish tank)
- Smart Lights
- Space heater
- TV Mounting
- Wireless Printers