TCU residence halls create the communities in which students live, study and build friendships. No matter what residence hall you call home, you’ll love the close-knit community and sense of belonging at TCU.
Mailing Items to Campus
All US Postal, FedEx, UPS, etc., must be delivered to the resident’s TCU PO Box. Please visit tcupostoffice.com for PO Box rental information.
Flower arrangements and similar deliveries may be sent to the student’s residence hall address listed below. See the format below to use to ensure proper delivery.
Due to COVID-19, Housing and Residence Life has updated its Perishable Delivery Protocol:
- Companies that deliver perishable items (e.g., flowers, edible arraignments, cookies, etc.) will call the receiving student to deliver items to them directly.
- If the company cannot reach the student, our Desk Assistant can accept the delivery Monday – Friday between 12:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. To deliver the item to a Desk Assistant, the delivery person will need to be wearing a mask. The number for each residence hall desk is located on the front door, and the numbers differ by hall.
- No external vendors will be permitted in the residence halls, which include lobby and desk spaces. If an outside vendor tailgates into the hall, they will be asked to leave immediately, and we will not accept the perishable item.
- GrandMarc: perishables can be delivered Mondays through Fridays between the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to the Leasing Office (2855 W. Bowie St). The front desk will call the resident to inform them of the arrival of the perishable package and that they may pick it up during office hours. If the resident doesn’t answer, they also send them an email as well.
- Village East: The mail is delivered through the app “Fetch,” where residents set up a free account and schedule delivery times for their packages when they are home.