TCU residence halls create the communities in which students live, study and build friendships. No matter what residence hall you call home, you’ll love the close-knit community and sense of belonging at TCU.
Mailing Items to Campus
All US Postal, FedEx, UPS, etc. must be delivered to the resident’s TCU PO Box. Please visit tcupostoffice.com for PO Box rental information.
Flower arrangement and similar deliveries may be sent to the students’ residence hall address listed below. See the format below to use to ensure proper delivery.
Due to COVID-19, Housing and Residence Life has updated its Perishable Delivery Protocol:
- Companies that are delivering perishable items (flowers, edible arraignments, cookies) will call the receiving student, in order to deliver items to them directly.
- If the company cannot reach the student, our Desk Assistant will be able to accept the delivery between the times of 12:30pm-4:30pm, Monday – Friday. In order to deliver the item to a Desk Assistant, the delivery person will need to be wearing a mask. The number for each residence hall desk is located on the front door, and the numbers differ by hall.
- No external vendors will be permitted in the residence halls, which includes lobby and desk spaces. If an outside vendor tailgates into the hall, they will be asked to leave immediately and we will not accept the perishable item.
- GrandMarc: perishables can be delivered between the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays to the Leasing Office (2855 W. Bowie St). The front desk will call the resident to inform of the arrival of the perishable package and that they may pick it up during office hours. If the resident doesn’t answer, they also send them an email as well.
- Village East: The mail is delivered through the app “Fetch” where residents set up a free account and can schedule delivery times for their packages when they are home.