Update regarding Spring Move-Out
Subject line: Residence hall move-out planned for May 16-June 19
Dear resident students,
I hope this email finds you well as the semester is coming to a close and we look forward to summer sessions. Registration for summer classes begins this week, and Wednesday, April 22, is room selection day for those of you who are selecting housing for next year. We continue to keep your needs in mind as we plan for next steps.
Many of you still have belongings in your residence hall, apartment or chapter house. Earlier this month we wrote to you that move-out options were being considered, and today I am writing to share the plans.
While the COVID-19 situation continues to change daily, move-out is planned for May 16 – June 19. TCU continues to closely follow guidelines from the State of Texas and City of Fort Worth. Moving is deemed an essential activity and with close adherence to social distancing guidelines and careful planning and precautions, we believe we may assist you with the move out process while keeping everyone safe.
If you are unable to travel to campus to gather your belongings, we have arranged moving and storage options for you. It is imperative that we clear our halls to prepare for the fall, but we stand ready to assist if you have a special circumstance.
Please see below for instructions regarding move-out, May 16-June 19:
- Sign up for a move-out day and time: Beginning Friday, April 24, log in to my.tcu.edu and go to the Housing tab. There you will be able to sign up for a move-out day and time that works for you.
- Help us with safety measures: Please note that we will limit the number of people in the halls each day for your safety and for the well-being of TCU staff who will be on site as you gather your belongings. We ask that you please wear a face mask and gloves during move-out. Thank you in advance for taking these precautions and adhering to social distancing guidelines to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- TCU ID card access: TCU ID card access is currently turned off for security reasons. When you arrive on your selected move-out date and time, TCU staff will be on site in the lobby of each hall and you will have access to your building. Please remember to bring your room key and your student ID.
- Moving and storage options: There are three moving and storage company options for those of you who want or need assistance with gathering and/or storing your belongings. Please go to the TCU Housing website to view more details on the options listed below.
- Full-service packing, storage and shipping: USS will provide packing, storage and shipping options. If you contract with USS, you will not need to be present to use their service. TCU staff will grant access to buildings and rooms to fulfill the service.
- Packing and summer storage: Dorm Room Movers and College Truckers provide packing and summer storage. We are working with these companies to have boxes delivered and waiting for you when you arrive. You must be present to pack boxes; these companies will pick them up from you and take to summer storage.
Please note that these three companies have contracts with the University. Each has all the proper insurance and meets all the necessary guidelines to conduct business on campus. No other companies will be allowed access to TCU residence halls, so please do not contact any other company for moving and storage.
*We know that some people may need an alternate date outside of our designated move-out days. We understand, and we are happy to work with you. Please contact the TCU Housing office by email at email@example.com and we will assist you. If you have other special needs related to your move out date and time, please contact the Housing office and we will do our best to accommodate you. Please include your name, TCU ID# and hall/room information on all communication.
Thank you for your continued patience as we work to best serve our Horned Frog family during this time.
August 2020 Move-In Information
Update regarding Fall Move In
June 15, 2020
Dear Resident Students,
It certainly feels like summer in Fort Worth. The skies are blue, the sun is shining, football players are returning to campus for voluntary workouts, summer school classes are happening and in the Housing office we are planning for your arrival. Fall classes begin on Aug. 17, and we could not be more excited to have you all on campus.
Moving in to your hall, campus apartment, or your fraternity or sorority facility is a highly coordinated effort, and this year, our goal is to keep lines short and crowds of people small to allow for physical distancing. This means the process will be a little longer than in previous years. Your health and safety, along with the well-being of all TCU faculty and staff, are the top priorities in our planning. We appreciate your willingness to be flexible, patient and adjust as needed to help make move-in successful.
Move-in dates are now set so that you can plan for your arrival to campus. All residential students (first-year and returning) may return on their assigned move-in date and check-in time between Tuesday, Aug. 11, through Friday, Aug. 14. Our office is working with First-Year Experience staff regarding events for first-year students and participation information will come soon. Some campus groups, such as band and spirit squads, will be approved for a different move-in day and time, and we are working on that now. You will receive a separate email on or before Friday June 19 sent to your TCU email address with your unique day and actual check-in time slot. Please save that email and print it for your records.
More information and exact details about how the move-in process will work will be sent to your TCU email address and posted to the housing web site in mid-July. With your cooperation and adherence to your move-in date and timeslot, the process will go well.
Thanks everyone. We just can’t wait to have you all campus!